January 25 Game Recap

Carson Bigras scored his fifth goal of the season on Tuesday night, but it wasn’t enough to come back against the fiWolf Pack.


In a battle between the top two teams in the Tom Shaw Conference, the North Vancouver Wolf Pack came out winners over the Delta Ice Hawks on Tuesday night with a 5-2 victory.

Just 33 seconds in, the Wolf Pack were on the board. They took control in the Ice Hawks’ zone and Sebastiano Biagi ended up with the puck at the point. He took a shot and the puck bounced off the back boards to Matthew Carniel out front, who sent it past Braedy Euerby.

Carniel doubled North Vancouver’s lead later in the same frame, walking in off the left wing and shot low-glove side to beat Euerby through a screen.

The Wolf Pack continued to score early on in the second, winning a loose puck battle in the neutral zone. The puck bounced off a skate and ended up on the stick of Alex Binette, who deked past the outstretched stick of Euerby for the third North Van goal.

Less than two minutes later, Ben Thornley-Hall stole the puck from the Ice Hawks defense below the goal line and he found David Coyle in the slot, who was able to beat Euerby backhand to put the Wolf Pack up 4-0, and force a Delta goalie swap.

Just before the end of the middle period, Biagi sent Coyle and JJ Pickell on a 2-on-1, and Coyle set up Pickell for a one-timer that new Hawks goalie Justin Wagner didn’t have a chance to reach.

The Hawks were able to get on the board quickly in the third period, with newest Ice Hawk Brandon Walton getting himself on the scoresheet with a power play goal. Delta was cycling the puck up high and went over to Walton on the right side, who took his time and picked his spot to beat Damian Perovic and break the shut out.

Delta added on a second goal to cut North Van’s lead to three, after Henry Smith took a shot on Perovic. The rebound came out front and both teams scrambled for the puck, but Carson Bigras came away with it and put it into the open side of the net.

The Wolf Pack continued to try and add to their lead, but Justin Wagner came up big in the third period with some key saves to keep the score close.